EDIT: You can now use Zoho Campaigns to send your newsletters.
Needless to say, we are heavy users of the various Zoho apps ourselves. Most of our help docs are on Zoho Wiki. We embed Zoho Show slide shows in our blog posts (even this post has one embedded below). Let me give you a latest example. We recently reached the 1 million user mark and wanted to share this glad news to our Newsletter subscribers. Here’s how we did/do it :
- When a user chooses the ‘Subscribe to Zoho Newsletter’ check box when he/she registers, they are added to our Zoho CRM contacts or leads list.
- When time comes to send the Newsletter (monthly), we log on to our Zoho CRM account, make an email template and save it
- Then select all the contacts who are to be emailed
- Schedule when to send the email
- A couple of points to be noted : a) A Newsletter is typically HTML formatted and some email clients strip off formatting. So it is safe to have a version of it hosted online and point to it in the newsletter email you send. We have an online version of the Newsletter as a Zoho Writer public document. b) We have an ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each mail. Submitting your email address there will directly opt you out of the Newsletter subscriber list that we maintain in Zoho CRM
- Lastly, we use Zoho Mail internally. And the filters/folders option there allows us to get the Newsletter related replies (genuine replies, bounced/undelivered mails, Out of Office/Vacation replies, auto-responses etc) segregated so that we can attend to each one of them easily.
We will be sharing more such scenarios of how we are using Zoho within our organization.